jeudi 18 décembre 2008

Love Guilt & Remorse

Today I will talk about guilt & remorse in love relationship. But first, I will talk about guilt itself. According to my ever friendly Wikipedia: “Guilt is a cognitive or an emotional experience that occurs when a person realizes or believes - whether justified or not - that he or she has violated a moral standard, and is responsible for that violation.”

It’s also worth to note that: “Guilt has been used as a tool of social control, because people who feel guilty are less likely to assert their rights. As with any other emotion, guilt can be manipulated to control or influence others.”

Now, what I mean with love guilt is: Do you think that your moral standard is more important than the pleasure of the present moment? Do you think it’s wrong to love more than one person?

I believe that we should love those that deserve our love. While I don’t support “one night stand” relationship, should we really suppress our love because our moral standard?

I do think that it will depend for each individual; some will feel guilty because she will believe that she violated her moral standard while other might even enjoy the corrupted nature of the moral standard profanation. At the end, there is no set rule; however I believe that each of us are free to love who they want.

Well, that the “good” side of being “evil” I guess! You don’t feel guilty or any remorse from self-centered actions and always try to live at your fullest.

Until next time, ciao!

Aucun commentaire: