jeudi 4 décembre 2008

The Duality of my Heart

In my eternal pursuit of my inner self, I found out something quite interesting, yet obvious. It’s called the duality. I have two sides in my heart, a light side and a dark side. Most of my thought on this blog do come from my darkest side. However, this also means that you are only seeing half of my true self as I also have the light side.

Now, I do believe that both sides are important. In fact, my dark side could not exist without my light side and vice versa. It’s a fact that I am attracted by both good and bad things. Humans mind is very complex, we often pursuit thing we dislike or that are unhealthy for us. Some peoples like to hurt themselves, yet we often wonder why.

Need and pleasures are different for everyone, and that is what that is making everyone unique, yet interesting. Personally, I cannot imagine my heart without light or darkness. It would be so... dull, empty and uninteresting. What every humans need to continue to strive are passions, passions are born both from the mysterious darkness and the hope of light.

Darkness or evil, can often been seen as our egoist side. While light or good, would be our altruism side, the desire to do something for the greater good. We need to respect others and live in harmony with those around you (light), yet follow our heart and desire and live the present moment at its fullest (dark).

Some will tilt toward one side or another. As for me, I am probably more on the dark side. However, I understand how important they both are and aren’t afraid to explore any of them.

It’s important to note that no matter who we are, we are bound to meet deception one day or another. However, I believe that in better understanding oneself, we can avoid much mindless pain and sorrow.

Aucun commentaire: